ComicPress 2.9 Changelog & Features
Originally ComicPress 2.9 was going to be 2.8.1 but wierdly enough I decided to throw a whole bunch of new features and code cleanup that warranted a serious revision adjustment.
At the end of Nov. 2009 Danny Burleson joined us in helping with revamps of various config sections. Welcome Danny! We’ll get you up to speed with adding features in no time.
Changes since 2.8
- Child Themes
- ComicPress Silver is now a child theme and the main ComicPress theme has barebones CSS
- Additional Child Themes are available on comicpresspremium.com
- ComicPress Options Revamp, 25+ new configuration options.
- 3 new layouts.
- A complete overhaul of the innerds of the ComicPress Options variables and how they work inside the code.
- Several new ComicPress Widgets and some very important cleanups as well as new functionality.
- Navigation has been cleaned up and enhanced, you can now walk chapters as well as dates.
- Default navigation is reverted to a text-version.
- ComicPress Archive Dropdown widget has a bunch of new options inside the widget.
- Language Translation is available for all facets of hardcoded text.
- Can now separate the blog posts to 2 distinct authors.
- BuyPrint code and template cleaned up and fixed from the additional shipping problems with a flag in the options.
- Option for keeping the blog posts to stay on the archive pages, (best to use with comments off). Additionally you can configure it to show all the blogposts between the comic from the current to the next.
- Avatars, you can specify a set of avatars for your commenters who do not have gravatars.
- A whole suite of debugging code to verify your ComicPress installation and if it’s installed correctly.
- The displaying of the comics in a comic category from the archive has been modified output-wise to be mini-thumbed.
- An extensive new set of body classes are available that include the time of day, week, layout, member and more.
- WordPress 2.9 thumbnail code is implemented, have fun playing with that for each post!
- Overhall of all the Templates and including a new This Month of Comics template.
- Over 5 various different bug fixes from 2.8
- CSS was revamped to allow a variety of different head & foot’s and additional CSS able areas.
Not quite an extensive a list that came around from 2.7 to 2.8 however the backend was heavily modified to the point where it’s not even close to the same code. (beware you modders out there).